Ingredients (serves 4):
- Eggs, 2
- Milk, 1 cup (200cc), scant
- Cream, a little to coat
- Sugar, 3 tablespoons
- Vanilla Essence, a dash
- White sugar, 4 tablespoons
- Water, 4 tablespoons
- Heat 2 tablespoons of water and 4 tablespoons of sugar in a saucepan. Continue to cook till mixture starts to caramelise and turn rich golden brown.
- Add another 2 tablespoons of water and let bubble for a while before pouring into pudding cups pre-coated with cream.
- Beat eggs while slowly adding milk and sugar. Stir in vanilla extract, and mix well.
- Pour mixture into 4 pudding cups and cover with aluminium foil.
- Using your Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, prepare a hot water bath half the height of pudding cups and place cups in it. When water boils and pudding cups gently moves, continue to heat for another minute.
- Place inner pot with pudding cups into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot and simmer for 30 minutes. Then replace water bath with cold water to chill.
- Tasty Caramel Pudding is ready to serve!