- Sweet Corn, 4
- White onion, 1 small
- Garlic clove, 1
- Knob ginger, 5cm
- Vegetable oil, 2 tablespoon
- Sea salt, 1 pinch
- Shao Xing wine or dry sherry, ½ cup
- Chicken stock, 7 cups
- Chicken breast, 200g, cut to slices
- Light soy sauce, 2 teaspoon
- Egg, 2 lightly beaten
- Spring onion, 1 tablespoon finely sliced
- Remove kernels from corn cobs by running a sharp knife down the sides of each cob, you should have about 3 cups of corn. Alternatively, frozen corn kernels from any supermarkets would work too. Peel and finely dice onion and garlic. Peel ginger and cut into thin slices and then into fine strips.
- Heat oil in Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot and sauté onion, ginger, garlic and salt for 1 min. Add in white wine and simmer for another minute, or till liquid has been reduced by half. Stir in corn and chicken stock, and bring to boil.
- Place inner pot into the vacuum-insulated outer pot and close lid. Leave on kitchen counter for at least 1 hour.
- After an hour, open lid, stir through chicken and add soy sauce for taste.
- Slowly pour beaten egg into soup in a thin stream, stirring constantly with a fork, forming fine "Egg Ribbons".
- Serve soup in a bowl and garnish with spring onions.
Note: Image is for illustrative purposes only
Image source here.