Serves 4 to 6
- Cooking Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Onion, 1 (finely chopped)
- Garlic Cloves, 2
- Minced Ginger, 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder, 1 teaspoon
- Chopped Tomatoes, 1 can (400 grams)
- Lentils, 100 grams
- Vegetable Broth, 800ml
- Tomato Puree, 1 teaspoon
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Pepper, 1 teaspoon
- Yogurt, for garnish
- Parsley, for garnish
- Blender, 1
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add cooking oil and chopped onions. Stir fry for 5 minutes till the onions turn transparent.
- After 5 minutes, add garlic cloves, minced ginger and cumin powder. Cook for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute, add chopped tomatoes, lentils, vegetable broth and tomato puree. Bring the contents to a boil and once boiling, let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, close inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to continue cooking for at least 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, add salt and pepper, and mix well. Puree the soup with a blender and return it into the inner pot and reheat before serving.
- Serve in a bowl with heart-shaped swirl of yogurt and garnish with parsley.
- This recipe is based on using the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000. You may adjust the ingredient quantities based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.