Serves 8 to 10
- Old Cucumber, 2
- Pork Ribs, 800 grams
- Dried Cuttlefish, 2 (washed and rinsed)
- Dried Scallops, 50 grams (washed and rinsed)
- Wolfberries, 3 tablespoons (washed and rinsed)
- Red Dates, 8 (washed and rinsed)
- Water, 2.3 litres
- Scrub the skin of old cucumber, rinse well and cut into half lengthwise. Remove the seeds with a spoon and cut the remaining old cucumber into sections.
- Blanch pork ribs with hot boiling water twice, till the meat turns white.
- Remove center soft bone of dried cuttlefish. Blanch dried cuttlefish in hot boiling water to soften it.
- In a 6.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, place all ingredients in and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- When boiling, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for at least 8 hours, before serving.
- This recipe is based on using a 6.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® RPC-6000 or TCRA-6000. You may adjust the quantity of the ingredients based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
- If you are preparing this dish overnight, re-boil the contents for at least 10 minutes on medium heat and transfer it back into the outer pot. Food will be served hot during lunch or can be kept warm for up to 8 hours.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.