Serves 4 to 6
- Pork Shoulder, 250 grams
- Baby Spinach, 200 grams
- Shimeji Mushrooms, 100 grams
- Chicken Stock, about 1.2 litre
- Penne, 300 grams (cooked)
- Spring Onions, to garnish (chopped)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Cut the pork shoulder into bite-sizes, and marinate with salt and pepper. Set aside for later use.
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add pork chunks, baby spinach, shimeji mushrooms and chicken stock, including salt and pepper, to taste. Bring contents to a boil and let it simmer for 5 minutes on medium-low heat.
- After 5 minutes and when boiling, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to continue cooking for at least 2 hours.
- In a serving bowl, add desired amount of cooked penne and fill it up with the cooked spinach pork soup. Garnish with spring onions.
- This recipe is based on using a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® RPE-3000 or TCRA-3000. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
- Cook Penne al Dente in a Thermos® Food Jar with these steps:
- Place 1 cup of Penne (about 50 of them) in 0.5L Food Jar and pour it hot boiling water to the inner rim. Close lid tightly and let it sit aside for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, drain water, close lid and set aside for another 10 minutes.
- If you prefer a softer al Dente version, add 5 minutes to each step.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.