- Butter, 15 grams
- Garlic, 4 slices
- Bacon, 1 block (240 grams) (diced into square cubes of about 2cm))
- Shimeiji Mushrooms, 1 pack (cut off the base and separate into individual stalks)
- Rice, 450 grams (washed and rinsed)
- Water, 500ml
- Granule Consommé or Stock Cube, 6 grams
- Soy Sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Bacon, 60 grams (cut into 1cm square thin slices)
- Parsley, amount as desired
- Black Pepper, amount as desired
- Prepare Ingredients A.
- Dice bacon block into square cubes of about 2cm. Cut bacon (thin slices) into 1cm squares.
- In a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, stir fry bacon thin slices until crispy. Remove and blot off oil with kitchen towel. Set aside as toppings.
- Wipe off oil in inner pot, add ½ amount of butter and stir fry garlic slices and bacon cubes. When bacon and garlic are moderately cooked, add Shimeji mushrooms and fry lightly. Once the mushrooms are coated with oil, turn off heat, remove them from inner pot and set aside.
- Add ingredients A to inner pot. Cover with lid and heat.
- Bring to boil, and then reduce heat to continue simmering for 8 minutes. Then remove from heat, and transfer inner pot into Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit side to keep warm for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add the remaining ½ amount of butter, and gently mix all ingredients in the inner pot. Ready to serve, with bacon toppings made in Step 3 and parsley, as well as black pepper to taste.
- This recipe uses a Thermos® Shuttle Chef®.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Japan