- Olive Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Red Pepper (Paprika), 2 tablespoons
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Tuna Steak, 500 grams (cubed, about 1 inch)
- Red Onion, 1 (cut into large chunks)
- Minced Garlic, 1 tablespoon
- Pepper, 1 teaspoon
- Tomatoes, 2 (diced, with skin on)
- Potatoes, 2 (diced, skinless)
- Bell Peppers, 2 (cut into large chunks)
- Chicken Stock, about 700ml
- Corn Starch Solution, to taste or preference
- Chopped Green Onions, to garnish
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add olive oil, red pepper, salt and tuna cubes. Mix well, cover the inner pot, and refrigerate it for 1 hour marination.
- After 1 hour, add red onions, minced garlic, pepper, tomato dices, potato dices and bell peppers to the marinated tuna cubes.
- Add chicken stock (about 700ml) and fill till it covers all ingredients. Bring all contents to a boil and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, cover inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef outer pot. Let it sit aside to continue cooking for at least 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove and set aside the cooked ingredients in a serving bowl. Strain the remaining gravy into another inner pot or a cooking pot.
- Bring the strained gravy to a boil and add corn starch solution. Mix well until the sauce thickens.
- Before serving, pour the sauce over the cooked ingredients. Garnish with chopped green onions.
- This recipe is based on using a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000. You may adjust the ingredient quantities based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.