- Pork Soft Bone, 500 grams (washed)
- Light Soy Sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Fish Sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Shaoxing Wine, 2 tablespoons
- Sugar, 2 teaspoons
- Corn Starch, 1 tablespoon
- Sesame Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Cooking Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Minced Garlic, 1 tablespoon
- Chili Padi, 1 teaspoon (sliced and de-seeded)
- Fermented Black Beans, 1 tablespoon
- Spring Onions, to garnish (chopped)
- Steaming Rack, 1
- Steaming Bowl, 1
- In a bowl, add pork soft bone, light soya sauce, fish sauce, shaoxing wine, sugar, corn starch, and mix well. Add in sesame oil, mix well and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add cooking oil, minced garlic, slice chili padi, fermented black beans, and stir fry till fragrant.
- When fragrant, add in marinated pork soft bone, stir fry until lightly browned and mix well.
- Transfer stir fry pork soft bone into a steaming bowl.
- In a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, place in a steaming rack, add water till the height of the rack, the steaming bowls, bring the water to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for vacuum insulation steaming for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, garnish with spring onions.
This recipe is based on using the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-4500. You may adjust the ingredient quantities based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.