Serves 4 to 5
- Pork Belly, 500 grams (cut into bite sizes)
- Stout, 1 can (about 440ml)
- Brown Sugar, 2 tablespoons (for preparations)
- Brown Sugar, 3 tablespoons (for cooking)
- Salt, 2 tablespoons
- Cloves, 1 tablespoon
- Mustard Seeds, 1 tablespoon
- Cooking Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Chicken Stock, 500ml
- Strainer, 1
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add stout, brown sugar, salt, cloves and mustard seeds. Mix well and simmer over low heat until brown sugar and salt are completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let it cool completely.
- Place pork belly into cooled down beer marinate, cover with the lid and refrigerate it for at least 8 hours (or up to 24 hours).
- After marination, remove marinated pork belly from the inner pot and set aside. Strain the marinate sauce and set aside too.
- In a frying pan, add cooking oil, marinated pork belly, and sear it on all sides. Set aside for later use.
- In a clean 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add strained marinated sauce and brown sugar. Stir well till the brown sauce is completely dissolved.
- Add seared pork belly and chicken stock, bring contents to a boil, and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, cover the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to continue cooking for at least 6 hours.
- This recipe is based on using a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000. You may adjust the ingredient quantities based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
- For a crispier outer crust, sear the pork belly with 2 tablespoons of cooking oil before serving.
- For better distribution of marinate mixture, you may flip the marinated pork belly occasionally during refrigerating.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.