- Grouper Fish, 500 grams
- Cooking Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Dried Sole Fish, 50 grams
- Water, 1.5 litres
- Ginger, 50 grams (Cut into slices)
- White Peppercorn, ½ tablespoon
- Tomatoes, 300 grams (Chopped into 2-3cm)
- Chinese Cabbage,300 grams (Chopped into 2-3cm)
- Fish Sauce, 1 teaspoon
- Shao Xing Wine, 1 tablespoon
- Spring Onions, for garnish (thinly chopped)
- Clean the grouper fish and fillet it into ½ inch thick slices. Store the fish slices in the fridge and set the fish bones aside for later use.
- Using a non-stick frying pan, heat oil (1 tablespoon) and pan fry dried sole fish till crispy and set aside.
- With the same frying pan, add another tablespoon of oil till it is heated and pan fry the fish bones till crispy and set aside.
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add pan-fried fish sole fish, crispy fish bones and water. Bring contents to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- When simmering, add ginger slices and white peppercorn.
- When boiling, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef outer pot. Let it sit aside to continue cooking for at least 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, strain the fish stock and add tomatoes, Chinese cabbage, salt, fish sauce and Shao Xing wine.
- Bring contents to a boil.
- When boiling, add in fish slices, bring to another boil and to simmer till fish slices are cooked.
- Before serving, garnish with thinly chopped spring onions.
- When pan frying the fish bones, ensure that most of the fish bones’ moisture are fried off, so as to give a creamy flavour to the soup.
- This recipe is based on using the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000. You may adjust the ingredient quantities based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.