- Egg, 3
- Rock sugar, 60 grams (melted in a pot of boiling hot water)
- Milk, 250ml
- Water, 50ml
- Sieve, 1
- Steaming Bowls, 3
- Cling wrap
- Steaming Rack, 1
- In a bowl, whisk eggs together.
- In a separate bowl, add sugar syrup and cold fresh milk, and mix well. Add whisked eggs into this mixture.
- When well mixed, strain the mixture and then pour the strained mixture into small bowls and cover them with cling wrap.
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, place in the steaming rack and add water till the height of the rack. Place the steaming bowls on the rack, bring the water to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for at least 4 hours for vacuum insulation steaming.
- This recipe is based on using the Thermos® 3.0L TCRA-3000 Shuttle Chef®. You may use the same recipe for steaming in the Shuttle Chef® with at least 3.0L capacity.
- The steaming rack and small bowls have to fit well into the Shuttle Chef® inner pot when the lid is closed.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.