- Eggs, 5
- Sugar, 235 grams
- Coconut Milk, 75 grams (Kara Coconut Cream)
- Vanilla Essence, ½ teaspoon
- Pandan Paste, ½ tsp (for colouring)
- Salt, ½ teaspoon
- Cinnamon, 1 stick
- Pandan Leaves, 2-3, cut into short strips
- Steaming Rack, 1
- Glass Jars, 2 (approx. 270 – 300 grams each)
- Baking paper, 2 (cut into circle shape to fit opening of glass jar)
- In a bowl, add eggs, sugar and gently beat till sugar dissolves. Add coconut milk, vanilla essence, pandan paste, salt, cinnamon stick and mix well. Set aside eggs mixture for later use.
- In a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef inner pot, place in the steaming rack, fill water till the level of steaming rack and bring it to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in the glass jars, add pandan leaves and pour in the egg mixture. Once water is boiling, reduce to low heat and place glass jars onto the steaming rack. Stir for 15 minutes occasionally to prevent curdling, until egg mixture is slightly thickened.
- Once thickened, remove pandan leaves, cover food jars with baking paper, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for at least 2 hours 30 mins, for vacuum insulation steaming.
- Enjoy with your favourite bread or pastries.
- This recipe is based on using a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® KBG-4500. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
- For a less sweet version, you may use 200 grams of sugar.
Photo and recipes courtesy of Justine Ong from www.tings.sg.