- Azuki Red Beans, 500 grams (2 packets)
- Water, 2 litres
- Salt, ¼ tablespoon
- Brown Sugar, 200 grams
- Tang Yang (plain or flavour of choice), to serve (cooked)
- Soak the azuki red beans with cold water overnight for at least 8 hours. Drain and set aside.
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add drained red beans, water and salt. Bring contents to a boil and stir occasionally.
- When boiling, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to continue cooking for at least 3 hours.
- After 3 hours and when the inner pot is still in the outer pot, stir in brown sugar in batches until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Serve the sweet red bean soup with cooked tang yuan (Chinese glutinous rice balls). Enjoy!
- This recipe is based on using the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000. You may adjust the ingredient quantities based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.