- Warm Fresh milk, 600ml
- Ginger Juice, 2 tablespoons (grate old ginger to extract juice)
- Egg White, 240grams (lightly beaten)
- Sugar, 3 tablespoons
- Small bowl, 4
- Strainer, 1
- In a bowl, add warm milk and sugar. Mix well to dissolve sugar.
- Once dissolved, add ginger juice, stir well, and leave aside to cool. Once cooled, add egg whites into the mixture.
- In a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, place steaming rack and add hot boiling water till the height of steaming rack.
- Strain mixture through a strainer and pour mixture into the small bowls.
- Place bowls with mixture onto the steaming rack. Bring water to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling, lower fire and simmer for 15 minutes with the lid on.
- After 15 minutes, close the inner pot lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for 2 hours, for vacuum insulation steaming.
- This recipe is based on using a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® KBG-4500. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
Photo and recipes courtesy of Justine Ong from www.tings.sg.