- Russet Potatoes, 5
- Olive Oil, 6 tablespoons
- Salt, 3 teaspoons
- Cooking Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Sour Cream, 5 – 6 tablespoons
- Bacon, 220 grams
- Chopped Spring Onions, for garnish
- Aluminium Foil
- Large Fork, 1
- Steaming Rack, 1
- Vegetable Brush, 1
- In a frying pan, add in cooking oil and fry the bacon till crispy. Set aside for later use.
- Using a vegetable brush, scrub potatoes and rinse well. Using a fork, prick the potatoes.
- On a sheet of aluminum foil, place 1 pricked potato on it and rub the potatoes with olive oil and salt. Wrap the potatoes tightly in the aluminum foil. Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, place in a steaming rack and add water till the height of the rack. Placed wrapped potatoes onto the steaming rack and bring the water to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes with the inner pot lid closed.
- After 5 minutes, transfer the inner pot to the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to continue cooking for at least 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, unwrap the potato and slice into half.
- Before serving, add sour cream, bacon and garnish with spring onions, to taste.
- This recipe is based on using a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef®. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.