Serves 6 to 8
- Dried Shrimps, 2 tablespoons
- Minced Garlic, 1 tablespoon
- Peeled Pumpkin, 300 grams (washed and cut into bite-sized)
- Chicken Thigh, 400 grams (deboned and cut into bite-sized)
- Dried Mushrooms, 8
- Rice, 3 cups (washed and drained)
- Water, 3 cups
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
Marinate Condiments for Chicken Thigh:
- Sesame Oil, 2 teaspoons
- Light Soya Sauce, 4 tablespoons
- Dark Soya Sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Oyster Sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Corn Flour, 1 tablespoon
- Pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, marinate chicken thigh with seasonings for at least 30 minutes. Set aside for later use.
- In a bowl, soaked dried mushrooms with 200ml hot water till soft (or more if softer mushrooms are preferred) and cut into bite-sized. Set aside mushroom water and diced mushroom for later use.
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add in dried shrimps and stir fry till fragrant. When fragrant, add in minced garlic and about 3 tablespoons of water and stir fry till fragrant.
- When fragrant, add in pumpkins and stir fry for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, add in marinated chicken thigh and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add in rice, water, diced mushrooms, mushroom water and mix well. Bring it to a boil over low heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, close inner pot with lid and transfer to Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to continue cooking for 2 hours.
- Before serving, stir well and scoop out into serving bowls. Add salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with spring onions.
- This recipe is based on using a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000. Ingredients can be adjusted for different Shuttle Chef® capacities.
- This recipe uses ready-to-cook pumpkin where the seeds and skin are removed.
- It is best recommended to boil the rice mixture over low heat for best vacuum insulation cooking thereafter.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.