- Beef Shanks, 500 grams
- Beef Cubes, 500 grams
- Water, about 1.2 litres
- Onion, 1 (cut into 4 chunks)
- Green Onions, 1/2 cup (chopped into long chunks)
- Bay Leaves, 3
- Whole Pepper Corn, 2 tablespoons
- Fish Sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Potato, 2 medium size (peeled and cut into chunks)
- Yellow Corns, 1-2 cobs (cut into 3-4 chunks)
- Small Cabbage, half (whole leaf individually detached)
- In a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add beef shanks, beef cubes and 5 cups of water (or until the beef is fully covered with water), and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Remove any surfaced scum.
- Add onions, green onions, bay leaves, whole pepper corns and fish sauce. Bring it to a boil.
- When boiling, add potato chunks and yellow corns. Simmer for about 35 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add cabbage leaves. Mix well and cover the inner pot with lid.
- Transfer the inner pot into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for 4 hours.
- This recipe is based on using a 4.5L Thermos® Shuffle Chef® such as KBG-4500.