- Sago, 200 grams (washed and rinsed)
- Coconut Cream, 2 tablespoons
- Sugar, 100 grams
- Purple Sweet Potato, 100 grams (diced)
- Yellow Sweet Potato, 100 grams (diced)
- Grated Coconut, 100 grams
- Steaming Rack, 1
- Round Baking Tin, 1 (greased with oil)
- Aluminium Foil
- In a large bowl, add washed sago and pre-soak with water for 10 minutes.
- In another large bowl, add in coconut cream, sugar, and mix well.
- Add in purple sweet potato, yellow sweet potato, grated coconut, and mix well.
- Strain the pre-soaked sago, add into mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the round baking tin and cover with aluminium foil.
- In a Thermos® 4.5L Shuttle Chef® inner pot, place in the steaming rack, add water till 1/3 full and place the baking tin with cake mixture onto the steaming rack.
- Bring the water in the inner pot to a boil. Once boiling, let it simmer for another 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, transfer it to the Shuttle Chef® outer pot and let it sit aside to continue cooking for at least 3 hours.
- Let the cake cool down completely before cutting into smaller pieces to serve.
- This recipe is based on using the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-4500. You may adjust the ingredient quantities based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
- Both steaming rack and baking tin have to fit well into the Shuttle Chef® inner pot when the lid is closed, and the baking tin must be easily placed into the Shuttle Chef® when filled with contents.
- You may store the remaining cake in the fridge for up to 5 days, ready for consumption.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.