- Pork Shoulder, 400 grams
- Potato, 3 large (peeled)
- Onion, 1 (peeled and cut into 4 equal parts)
- Salt, amount as desired
- Pepper, amount as desired
- Cut pork shoulder meat into 3 equal parts, rub them with ½ tablespoon salt and put in the refrigerator for 1 hour (if possible, keep it in refrigerator overnight).
- In a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add potatoes, onions, and refrigerated meat. Add water to cover contents and heat over medium heat.
- When boiled, remove the scum, reduce to low heat and simmer for 8 minutes. Then transfer to Shuttle Chef® outer pot and keep warm for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove cooked meat, cool and slice it.
- Break the potatoes and onions in the broth with a kitchen tool or cutlery (like wooden spatula) to desired sizes. Season with salt and pepper before serving.
- This recipe uses a Thermos® Shuttle Chef®.
- Pork is cooked as large pieces in the pot, it becomes deliciously fluffy and melts in your mouth.
- This dish may be consumed as a pot-au-fu (stew), or separately as a meat dish and a soup.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Japan