Ingredients (Serves 4)
- Pork slices 200g
- Japanese Radish 80g
- Carrot 40g
- Burdock 80g
- Konjac ½ piece
- Small taro (yam) 4 pieces
- Scallions 2 pieces
- Broth of your choice 6 cups
- Miso paste 120g
- Shichimi (ground mixture of red pepper and aromatic spices) to taste
- Cut pork into 2cm wide slices. Cut Japanese radish, carrot and burdock diagonally into bite-sized pieces and soak in vinegar.
- After boiling Konjac cut into 3cm short chunks, skin taro and cut into pieces, and chop scallions into thin and diagonal strips.
- Pour all ingredients (except scallions), including pork slices and broth into your Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot.
- Bring to boil, and let pot simmer on stove for 5 minutes, while scooping away the lye (white froth) on top of the soup.
- Add in Miso paste and heat till almost boil. Remove from heat and place inner pot into Thermos® Shuttle Chef® outer pot to let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place your inner pot into the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® outer pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle some scallions, ready to serve.