- Ground Chicken, 45 grams
- Ginger, 8 grams
- Spring Onion, 8 grams (chopped)
- Egg, 1/8
- Salt, 0.5 grams
- Vermicelli, 20 grams
- Japanese Komatsuna Vegetables, Baby Chye Sim, Xiao Bai Chye or Shanghai Green, 30 grams
- Soy Milk, 125ml
- Water, 125ml
- Scallop Brine (from canned scallops) or Chicken Soup Stock, 5 grams
- Sake, 1 tablespoon
- Soy Sauce, ½ teaspoon
- Wolfberries, 5
- Sesame, amount as desired
- Mince ground chicken with ginger, chopped spring onion, egg and salt, knead well and make into 3 small meatballs.
- Cut vegetables into 3cm pieces, if the stem is thick, cut it to about 5mm wide.
- Put vegetables, vermicelli, chicken balls in a Thermos® Food Jar, add hot boiling water, and let it sit aside for about 3 minutes, without covering the lid.
- In the meantime, add soy milk, water, scallop water (or chicken soup stock), sake, and soy sauce to a small pot, heat and bring to boil.
- Drain hot water from food jar in Step 3, then transfer the soy milk mixture made in Step 4 into the Food Jar. Add wolfberries, close lid and keep warm for at least 1 hour and 30 minutes before serving.
- This recipe is based on using a 0.38L Thermos® Food Jar JBI-380. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the Thermos® Food Jar. Adjust the soy milk and water proportions based on 1:1.
- When serving, add sesame or sesame oil to enhance the flavor.
- Please consume the soup within 6 hours after keeping warm.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Japan