- Whole Cabbage Leaves, 3
- Minced Chicken, 100 grams
- Mushrooms, 3 (chopped)
- Garlic, 1 clove (chopped)
- Soy Sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Konjac Noodles, 1/4 cup
- Concentrated Soup Base, 1 tablespoon
- Steep the whole cabbage leaves into boiling water until softened. Drain the water and place aside.
- In a separate bowl, add minced chicken, chopped mushrooms, chopped garlic and half tablespoon of soy sauce, and mix well. Scoop a spoonful of meat mixture, place it onto the softened cabbage leaf and wrap it up.
- In a Thermos® Food Jar, pre-heat it by adding hot boiling water full till the inner rim, close the lid tightly and let it sit aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, pour the water away and add Konjac noodles, the half tablespoon of soy sauce, concentrated soup base, and slowly place in the cabbage-wrapped meat rolls.
- Add hot boiling water till it covers the meat rolls, close the lid immediately and let it sit aside to cook for 3 to 4 hours.
- This recipe is based on using a 0.47L Thermos® Food Jar SK-3000. You may adjust the ingredients accordingly to a Food Jar's capacity.
- For a healthier option, you may replace the concentrated soup base and hot boiling water with a homemade broth.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Malaysia