- Prawns, 1 kilogram
- Pork Ribs, 500 grams
- Ikan Bilis, 100 grams
- Star Anise, 2
- Cinnamon Bark, 3
- Cloves, 5
- Cooking Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Garlic, 5 cloves (sliced)
- Brown sugar, 3 tablespoons
- Water, 1.8 litres
- Rock sugar, 30 grams
- White Peppercorns, 2 tablespoons
- Salt, 2 teaspoons
- Pork, 300 grams (sliced)
- Yellow Noodles, 1kg
- Beansprouts, 100 grams
- Fishcakes, 30 pieces (sliced)
- Kangkong, 200 grams
- Fried shallots, to garnish
- Tea Filter Bags, 2
- Using a scissors, peel prawns and set both meat and shells separately aside.
- Blanch pork ribs with hot water twice and set aside.
- Place ikan bilis in a tea filter bag and set aside.
- Place star anise, cinnamon bark and cloves in a tea filter bag and set aside.
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, heat cooking oil over medium heat, add garlic and stir fry till fragrant.
- When fragrant, add prawn shells and stir fry till they turn red. When they are red, add brown sugar and stir fry to mix well.
- Add pork ribs, ikan bilis filter bag, spices filter bag, water, rock sugar, white peppercorns and salt. Bring it a boil and simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- After 10 minutes, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for at least 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, remove the filter bags, strain the prawn soup stocks and pick out the pork ribs. Place the strained soup stocks and pork ribs back into inner pot.
- In a separate pot, add 1 serving of strained soup stocks, yellow noodles, pork ribs, prawns, sliced pork, beansprouts and kang kong, Bring them to a boil till desired noodles texture.
- Before serving, garnish with fried shallots.
- This recipe is based on using Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000. You may adjust the ingredients quantities based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
- For 1 serving, here are the recommended ingredients and quantities:
- Prawn Soup Stock, 300ml
- Yellow noodles, 200 grams
- Cooked Pork Rib, 1
- Prawns, 6
- Sliced Pork, 6 slices
- Fish Cake, 6 slices
- Kang Kong, 30 grams
- Bean Sprouts, 10 grams
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore.