Serve 2 to 3
- Potato, 1 (skinned and cut into small cubes)
- Spare Ribs, 200 grams (rinsed well)
- Rice, 1 cup (soaked in water for 10 minutes and rinsed)
- Ginger, 1 (thinly sliced)
- Shallot, 1 (sliced)
- Onion, 1/3 (chopped)
- Cooking Oil, 1 teaspoon
- Hot Boiling Water, 1.1 cup
- Cooking Wine, 1 teaspoon
- Oyster Sauce, 1 teaspoon
- Light Soy Sauce, 1/2 teaspoon
- Dark Soy Sauce, 1/2 teaspoon
- Spring Onions, for garnish (shredded)
- Oyster Sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Light Soy Sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Water, 1 tablespoon
- White Sugar, a pinch
- Sesame Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Marinate rinsed spare ribs with cooking wine, oyster sauce, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, ginger slices and shallots slices. Mixed well and set aside.
- In a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, preheat with 1 teaspoon of cooking oil. Add chopped onions and stir fry till fragrance.
- Add potato cubes and stir fry for 1 minute. Add rinsed rice and 1.1 cup of hot boiling water, and bring it to a boil under medium heat.
- When boiling, turn to medium-low heat, close inner pot with lid and simmer for about 5 minutes; till most water is absorbed.
- Switched off heat and transfer inner pot into Shuttle Chef® outer pot to continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the ginger and shallot slices from the marinated spare ribs.
- After 10 minutes, quickly add in marinated spare ribs including marinated juice into the inner pot by placing them evenly on top of the rice and immediately close both inner pot and outer pot lids. Let it sit aside to cook for at least 15 minutes
- Before serving, pour in the seasoning mixture and garnish with shredded spring onions.
- The ratio for rice to water is 1 is to 1.1.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos China.