- Chicken Thighs, 280 grams (cut into bite sizes)
- Dried Mushrooms, 10
- Chinese Sausage, 2 pieces
- Garlic, 6 (minced)
- Ginger, 20 grams (sliced)
- Shallots, 4 (peeled and diced)
- Dried Shrimps, 50 grams (washed and rinsed)
- Rice, 2 cups (washed and rinsed)
- Cabbage, 500 grams (shredded)
- Cooking Oil, 2 tablespoons
Ingredients to marinate chicken thighs:
- Light Soya Sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Corn Starch, 2 teaspoons
- Sesame Oil, 1 tablespoon
- White Pepper Powder, ½ teaspoon
- Oyster Sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Light Soya Sauce, ½ tablespoon
- Dark Soya Sauce, ½ tablespoon
- Shao Xing Wine, 1 tablespoon
- Oyster Sauce, ½ tablespoon
- Sesame Oil, ½ teaspoon
- White Pepper, ½ teaspoon
- Water, top up till the sauce mixture attains 300ml
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the list of ingredients and set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Soak dried mushrooms in water till they turned soft. When soft, discard water and cut into slices.
- Soak Chinese sausage in hot water for 10 mins. After 10 mins, remove skin, cut into slices and set aside for later use.
- Mix the list of ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and set aside for later use.
- In a frying pan, heat cooking oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic, ginger slices, chopped shallots and dried shrimps, and stir fry till fragrant.
- When fragrant, add marinated chicken pieces, Chinese sausage slices, mushroom slices, and cabbage shreds. Stir fry for 5 mins, turn off heat, place partial cooked contents in a bowl and set aside for later use.
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add rice, pre-prepared sauce and stir well. Add partial cooked contents and let them sit on top of the rice.
- Close the inner pot with lid and heat the rice with contents over low heat.
- When boiling (or when the lid rattles), open lid to check that the contents in the pot are bubbling.
- When bubbling, turn off heat and transfer the inner pot into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to cook for 1 hour.
- This recipe is based on using a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef®. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
- Cabbage will release some liquid during cooking, and hence the water level (sauce for this recipe) will be lesser than the 1:1 water and rice ratio.
- You may check out the recipe for normal white rice here.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.