- Cooked Rice, 120 grams (about more than ½ cup)
- Crispy Plum (Ume) Bits or Ume Furikake (Plum Sprinkle), 2 teaspoons
- Seaweed, amount as desired (sheet cut to small bits)
- Oil Sardines (canned), 3-4 slices
- Oil from Sardines Can, ½ tablespoon
- Soy Sauce, ½ tablespoon
- Spring Onion, amount as desired (cut to small bits)
- Shichimi (7 Spices) Red Pepper, amount as desired
- Mix rice with crispy plum bits, heat in a microwave oven for about 1 minute until it is hot, and put in a Thermos® Food Jar. Sprinkle on seaweed bits, and cover food jar with a lid to keep warm.
- In the meantime, put sardines, oil from the sardines can and soy sauce in a heat-proof bowl, wrap and heat in a microwave oven for 30 seconds.
- Put items made in Step 2 onto items onto top of rice in food jar (made in Step 1). Sprinkle spring onion and Shichimi Red Pepper spices, and cover food jar with lid to keep warm. Ready to serve!
- This recipe is based on using a 0.3L Thermos® Food Jar JBQ-300. You may adjust the quantity of the ingredient based on the capacity of the Thermos® Food Jar.
- Please consume the rice bowl within 6 hours after keeping warm.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Japan.