- Raw Ham or Prosciutto (Raw Cured Italian Ham), 4 slices
- Broccoli, 56 grams
- Onion, ¼ (60 grams)
- Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese, 2 tablespoons (12 grams, grated)
- Butter, 1 tablespoon
- Rice, 1 cup (180ml or 180 cc, washed and rinsed)
- Water, 400ml
- Consommé or Soup Stock Cube, ½ piece
- Salt, amount as desired
- Black Pepper, amount as desired
- Cut off hard stems of broccoli, boil in water and then rinse in cold water. When they have cooled down a little, cut them into 3cm long pieces.
- Finely chop the onion. Cut ham (or prosciutto) into 2cm squares.
- Heat butter in a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add onions and fry thoroughly. Add rice to inner pot and fry. Add water and solid consommé, and bring to boil. Once boiled, reduce heat to low heat, and continue to stir fry to mix contents for another 3 minutes. Cover lid, and transfer inner pot into outer pot. Keep warm for 15 minutes.
- Open lid of inner pot, to the contents made in Step 1, add grated cheese and ham. Mix all contents gently, and add salt and black pepper to taste. Ready to serve.
- This recipe uses a Thermos® Shuttle Chef®.
- Broccoli, which is commonly available here, replaces rape blossoms (canola flower) in the original recipe.
- Broccoli and raw ham gives the risotto a colour and feel of spring.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Japan.