Serves 4 to 5
- Chicken Drumstick, 5
- Dark Soy Sauce, 1 cup
- Light Soy Sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Cooking Rice Wine, 1.5 tablespoons
- Chinese Cooking Wine (花调酒), 1.5 tablespoons
- Coconut Palm Sugar, 2 tablespoons to taste
- Himalayan Pink Salt, tiny pinch to taste
- Ginger, 6 slices
- Garlic, 6 cloves
- Rose Buds, 10 buds
- Hot water, 500ml
- Golden Mushroom, 1/2 bunch
- Hard Boiled Egg, 5
- Fried Bean Curd (Tau Pok), 5 (cut into thick slices)
- Spring Onion, 2 stalks (chopped, for garnish
- Dark Soya Sauce, 2½ tablespoons
- Oyster Sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Shao Xing Wine, 1 tablespoon
- Light Soya Sauce, 1½ tablespoons
- Sesame Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Water, 300ml
- Sugar, 2 teaspoons
- Rinse chicken drumsticks with hot boiling water.
- Place all ingredients (except chicken drumsticks) into the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot and bring contents to a rapid boil on medium heat.
- Add in chicken drumsticks and turn to high heat for 15 minutes with the inner pot lid on.
- Turn to low heat and add in golden mushroom and hard boiled eggs.
- Simmer for 5 minutes on low heat with the inner pot lid on, transfer into the outer pot and let it sit aside for at least 6 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle spring onions as garnish.
- Rinse the chicken drumsticks by placing into a bowl or pot, pour hot water until it covers the drumsticks and drain out the water after 3 minutes.
- If you are preparing this dish overnight, re-boil the contents in the inner pot during morning, for at least 10 minutes on medium heat and transfer it back into the outer pot. Food will be served warm during lunch or can be kept warm for up to 8 hours.
- You may adjust the stew's taste when boiling (before transferring into the outer pot) with sugar (if it's too salty) and salt (if it's too sweet), based on your preference.