Serves 3 to 4
- Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Lamb Shank, 700 grams (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- Onion, 1 (diced)
- Carrot, 1 (chopped)
- Flour, 3 tablespoons
- Tomato Paste, 1 tablespoon
- Red Wine, 750ml
- Parsley, 10 sprigs
- Thyme, 8 springs
- Oregano, 4 springs
- Bay Leaves, 2
- Garlic, 1 (halved crosswise)
- Beef Stock, 950ml
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Pepper, 1 teaspoon
- In a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add oil under low heat, add seasoned lamb shank, and cook for 8 minutes until all sides are browned. Once browned, remove from inner pot and set aside for later use.
- In the same inner pot, add diced onions and chopped carrots. Stir fry for 5 minutes or until onions are browned.
- After 5 minutes, add flour and tomato paste. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, add red wine, parsleys, thymes, oreganos, bay leaves, garlics, beef stock, salt, pepper and browned lamb shank. Bring contents to a boil and once boiling, let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, close inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to continue cooking for at least 6 hours.
- Before serving, bring contents to a boil and enjoy it with boiled vegetables or mashed potatoes.
- This recipe is based on using the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-4500. You may adjust the ingredient quantities based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.