Serves 3 to 4
- Mutton, 500 grams (soaked in water for 1 hour and cut into chunks)
- Ginger, 1 (cut into slices)
- Shallots, 2 (cut into slices)
- Braised Sauce, to taste
- Water, to taste
- Carrots, 2 (cut into chunks)
- Cooking wine, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- White Pepper, to taste
- Coriander, for garnish
- In a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, stir fry ginger and shallots for a minute till fragrant.
- Add mutton chunks, braised sauce and water. Bring it to a boil and remove the skims.
- Add cooking wine and carrot chunks, and bring it to a boil again.
- When boiling, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for at least 6 hours.
- Before serving, add salt and white pepper to taste and garnish with coriander.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos China.