- Chicken, 1 medium
- Chrysanthemum flowers, 2 tablespoons
- Red dates, 6 pieces
- Snow fungus, 2 small pieces
- Water, 1.7L
- Salt, 3 – 4 teaspoons
- Pepper to taste
- Soak Chinese herbs in water till soft.
- Discard base from snow fungus when soft and set aside.
- Remove unwanted chicken parts like neck, innards and fats. Separate chicken feet and cut off nails.
- Add chrysanthemum, cover pot and turn off heat.
- Transfer to outer pot and let it brew for about 2 hrs.
- Heat up inner pot just before serving and add seasonings, and your Golden Chrysanthemum Chicken (帝皇菊花貴鸡) is ready to be on the table.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Miss Shirley Tay and Luxury Haven.