Serves 4 to 5
- Chicken Thighs, 5 (washed and rinsed)
- Garlic, 10 pieces (peeled and chopped)
- White Vinegar, 150ml
- Light Soya Sauce, 150ml
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper, 1 teaspoon
- Bay Leaf, 1
- Fish Sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Rice Cooking Wine, 100ml
- Brown Sugar, 3 tablespoons
- Cooking Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Chicken Adobo ingredients
In a bowl, marinate chicken thighs with garlic, white vinegar, light soya sauce, salt, black pepper, bay leaf, fish sauce, rice cooking wine and brown sugar for 20 minutes. Set aside for later use.
1. In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add cooking oil and marinated chicken thigh (without the sauce), with the skin facing down over medium heat till the skins turn slightly crispy.
2. Chicken Adobo skin face downward.
3. When the skins are slightly crispy, add marinated sauce. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to continue cooking for at least 3 hours. Serve with hot steamed rice.
The recipe is based on using the 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team