Serves 4 to 5
- Pork Shoulder, 500 grams (5 pieces)
- Apple, 1 (peeled and cut into bite-sized)
- Baby Potatoes, 3 (peeled and cut into cubes)
- Baby Carrots, 200 grams (washed and peeled)
- Onion, 1 (peeled and diced)
- Minced Garlic, 1 tablespoon
- Apple Cider Vinegar, 100ml
- Apple Juice, 300ml
- Chicken Broth, 500ml
- Thyme, 4 (washed)
- Corn Flour, 40 grams
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Cooking Oil, 4 tablespoons
1. Marinate pork shoulder with salt and pepper. Set aside for later use.
2. In a frying pan, add in 2 tablespoons of cooking oil and marinated pork shoulder. Brown marinated pork shoulder on both sides, and set aside for later use.
3. In a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add in 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, diced onions and minced garlic. Stir fry till fragrant.
4. When fragrant, add in apple cider vinegar, apple juice, cut apples, potatoes, carrots, chicken broth, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring the contents to a boil.
5. When boiling, add in pork shoulder and simmer for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to continue cooking for at least 4 hours.
6. After 4 hours, place pork shoulder, potatoes and carrots in serving plates. Transfer the Shuttle Chef® inner pot onto the cooking stove, heat over medium heat and add corn flour to thicken the sauce.
7. Before serving, drizzle the dish with sauce and garnish with thyme.
- This recipe is based on using a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000. Ingredients can be adjusted for different Shuttle Chef® capacities.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.