Ingredients (yields 3 litres of Bubur Hitam):
- Black glutinous rice, 1 ¼ cup
- Sugar, ¾ cup
- Pandan leaves, 4 pieces
- Coconut milk, 150 ml
- Water, 10 cups or more if necessary
- Coconut milk, to taste
- Rinse glutinous rice and pandan leaves twice and drain water. Knot pandan leaves.
- Add 10 cups of water, glutinous rice, and pandan leaves into your Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot.
- Heat up mixture on medium to high heat, while stirring to ensure nothing sticks on the bottom of the pot.
- After mixture has boiled for 15 minutes, insert inner pot into the outer pot. Let sit for at least 5 hours.
- Remove inner pot from outer pot after 5 hours and contents should be thick. Add coconut milk, sugar, and more water if needed.
- Heat up mixture a second time to serve hot.
- Drizzle with some cold coconut milk for a more robust flavour!
Recipe courtesy of Cynthia Lim at http://www.thebakingbiatch.com/2015/07/bubur-hitam-black-glutinous-rice-dessert.html